LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, September 17, 2018 —
WHO: Television and film star James Denton and model and animal advocate Beth Stern will return as hosts. The awards gala will also feature Danielle Fishel (actress), Carrie Ann Inaba (TV personality), Naomi Judd (recording artist/actress/author), Bailee Madison (actress), Debbie Matenopoulos (TV host), Cameron Mathison (TV host), Brandon McMillan (TV host/animal trainer), Barbara Niven (actress), Denise Richards (actress) and Alison Sweeney (TV host/actress) as presenters. More to come in days ahead.
WHAT: The 2018 American Humane Hero Dog Awards is a star-studded annual celebration of the most heroic canines from around the country. The awards gala, sponsored by the Lois Pope LIFE Foundation and Zoetis Petcare, will take place on Saturday, September 29 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel and will be broadcast as a two-hour special nationwide on Wednesday, October 24 at 8:00PM ET/PT on Hallmark Channel. The evening will honor seven heroic hounds and reveal which dog will be honored with the coveted 2018 American Hero Dog title, chosen through a combination of over one million public votes and a panel of celebrity judges. The seven category winners competing include:
- LAW ENFORCEMENT/ARSON DOG OF THE YEAR “K-9 Flash” from Detroit, Michigan (sponsored by K-9 Courage from Zoetis Petcare):
- EMERGING HERO DOG OF THE YEAR: “Willow” from Las Vegas, Nevada
- GUIDE/HEARING DOG OF THE YEAR: “Frances” from Staten Island, New York
- MILITARY DOG OF THE YEAR “Sgt. Fieldy” from McAllen, Texas (sponsored by K-9 Courage from Zoetis Petcare)
- SEARCH AND RESCUE DOG OF THE YEAR: “Ruby” from East Greenwich, Rhode Island
- SERVICE DOG OF THE YEAR “Roxy” from Canton, North Carolina (sponsored by Modern Dog)
- THERAPY DOG OF THE YEAR “Chi Chi” from Phoenix, Arizona (sponsored by Chicken Soup for the Soul Pet Food, the Official Pet Food of the 2018 Hero Dog Awards)
WHEN & WHERE: Saturday, September 29, 2018 @ The Beverly Hilton Hotel, 9876 Wilshire Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
4:15 PM Media Check-in Begins
5:00 PM – 6:00 PM Red Carpet
5:30 PM – 7:00 PM Cocktail Hour
7:00 PM – 8:00 PM Dinner
8:00 PM – 10:00 PM Hero Dog Awards Show
TICKETS: Tickets are available for purchase by the public at www.herodogawards.org.
CONTACTS: For media to request additional information or required credentials for this event, please contact Brian Rubin, Christina Canseco, Pipere Boggio and Haley Baker at PMK•BNC, 310-854-4800, [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]
*Please note that each media credential request will be reviewed, and approved media will be notified by email in advance of the event.