All of us like to think we can make an impact in this world.
Our hopes are heartfelt and sincere, yet most of us inwardly wonder at some time or another if we will be able to make a diﬀerence that lasts and touches more than just our own lives. We dream of leaving great accomplishments, inventions and discoveries that will change the world for the better. Yet the greatest gifts we can give are already within our reach: love, caring, kindness and compassion.
For 145 years, American Humane has been working to make the world a more humane place. Today, it’s easier than ever to make an impact on the world through supporting the American Humane Certiﬁed™ program. By supporting certiﬁed foods from providers who have the humane treatment of their farm animals at their hearts, you’re doing your part to make a diﬀerence.
This program is one of the key tenants in American Humane’s mission to be “First To Serve.” Thanks to you, in just the past year American Humane was able to:
• Help ensure nearly one billion farm animals have proper space, food, water, heat, cooling, lighting and numerous other humane protections.
• Save, shelter, feed and care for 492,153 animals lost and abandoned during the COVID-19 pandemic, the California wildﬁres, Hurricane Ida and the war in Ukraine.
• Protect thousands of beloved animals working in ﬁlm and television productions through our historic No Animals Were Harmed® program.
• Help ensure the welfare and humane treatment of nearly 400,000 remarkable and endangered species living in the world’s zoos, aquariums, and conservation centers.
• Save the lives of veterans and animals by ﬁnding dogs in need of forever homes and training them as free, life-saving service animals for retired warriors struggling to cope with Post-Traumatic Stress and Traumatic Brain Injury.
American Humane does all this while carefully stewarding the charitable dollars with which we are entrusted, which is why Charity Navigator awarded us its top “4-star” rating for the fourth time in a row – something achieved by only a handful of nonproﬁts.
Our farm program is critical to our mission to help ensure the humane treatment of animals across the world, and we thank our American Humane Certiﬁed farmers, ranchers and food processors that provide ethical conditions for their animals.
Together, we are cultivating a humane heartland for all.
Robin R. Ganzert, Ph.D.
President and CEO