- Only active or retired military individuals with a PTS diagnosis are considered for the Wags4Patriots grant.
- Funding may be used only to help offset the adoption costs for obtaining a PTS service dog. Funding is paid directly to the service dog agency.
- Funding is contingent upon the individual successfully completing the service dog agency’s application to qualify for a PTS service dog.
- Only applications received through the appropriate online submission process will be eligible. Funding is awarded on a case-by-case basis.
Before submitting an application, applicants must ensure that it includes all of the following documents or their request will be considered incomplete and may be discarded:
- Prescription for a PTS service dog from a medical professional
- Completed and signed grant application
- Photograph(s) of applicant
- Signed media release
The following additional documents will also be required prior to the award of any grant:
- Copy of 501(c)(3) letter from the applicable credentialed service dog agency
- Photograph(s) of service dog
- Receipt from the applicable service dog agency for adoption costs