The Breakthrough Series Collaborative methodology has five key elements:
- Teams composed of staff and consumers at a variety of levels from each participating jurisdiction
- A “change package” to guide the work of the participating jurisdictions
- Faculty who mentor and support the process
- The model for improvement, to lend structure to and accelerate the pace at which changes are tested and made
- A shared learning environment to ensure that successes and lessons learned are spread quickly
The American Humane Association and Casey Family Programs Breakthrough Series Collaborative on Safety and Risk Assessments change package consists of two downloadable documents:
- The change package identifies the core principles and components that describe an effective system of safety and risk assessments and decision making.
- Teams will use the measures to evaluate their improvement in the way they use safety and risk assessments and related decision making in their work with children, youth and families.