Why this training?
This two-day training will help coordinators safely and effectively engage families with substance abuse issues and/or mental health issues, while simultaneously safeguarding the FGDM process. You will be encouraged to think creatively to accommodate specific family circumstances and needs.
You will learn how to:
- Identify the impact on FGDM processes of family denial of substance abuse or mental health issues
- Recognize how mental illness affects FGDM processes
- Identify the basic dynamics of substance abuse and dual diagnoses and their interplay with FGDM processes
- Apply creative thinking to situations in which mental health issues affect FGDM processes
- Assess an individual family’s needs so that specialized presenters may address the specific types of substance abuse affecting the family